The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Taylor Hicks Sacrificed on the Altar of Wal-Mart

Taylor and I had something in common yesterday. I bought cat food and conditioner at Wal-Mart, and he went to their corporate shareholders meeting--as the entertainment. (Well, that was kind of a stretch.) As I have said many times before, I am not too big a fan of Wally World, but I can't be a hypocrite--I am a FREQUENT patron. So, I will let this one slide for Mr. Hicks--anyway, I know these "gigs" are lined up for him by the Idol puppet masters. I have heard that these corporate events pay BIG. The video of Taylor's performance at the event is worth a look-see (although, I am convinced that Wal-Mart has encrypted it with subliminal messages, buy lots of our crap… ignore the fact that we don't provide health insurance for all of our employees-- even though we are worth billions… forget that we can bring you these "falling prices" only because most of our products are produced by six-year-old underpaid sweatshop workers in third-world countries… ignore the fact that we are destroying small town America one Supercenter at a time). Maybe, that was a bit harsh… maybe. There is a REALLY funny part in the middle of the video where Taylor starts shouting the names of different countries. I am sure he was given the list to acknowledge all of the corners of the world that the shareholders are from. It reminded me of that Howard Dean moment where he started screaming the names of cities he was coming to during his presidential campaign--and we all know how things went for Mr. Dean after that fiasco-- I am sure the same fate will not fall on the Idol winner. Not only can Taylor rattle-off geographical locations, but he also shows-off his sweet dance moves and harmonica playing skills in the video.

Not to worry… I still LOVE Taylor! :> I just hope he doesn’t get "pimped out" by Idol again in the future… one can dream. Click on the image below to view said video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home