The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Water Slide: buy this for your kids or they will hate you




I spied this monstrosity at Wally World (a.k.a.- world dominator, and bane of all humanity, Wal-Mart) yesterday. It is a gigantic, inflatable water slide. It didn’t look as cool in real-life as it does in this pic. The best part is that you can soothe your guilty conscious by indulging your neglected, runny-nosed, latch-key rug rats for a mere $249.77!!! Back in my day, if you were cool, you had a Slip ‘N Slide. So, naturally, I didn’t have one. Though, my kid brother and I had a “ghetto” Slip ‘N Slide. My Folks were too cheap to buy us a real one, but they did break open the wallet to spring for a roll of black plastic tarp (damn, that thing got hot) and free rein over the water hose. Talk about a deprived childhood. I may need therapy.

If you are bored check out this moderately amusing video of some college guys demonstrating an indoor ghetto Slip ‘N Slide.

Have a happy Memorial Day- hug a veteran!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home