The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Friday, April 28, 2006

Unpersuasive

I just posted something about this on a Jane Austen message board. I had not thought about it in so long, but it still makes me… so… ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! (sorry)

The film adaptation of Jane Austen’s masterpiece Persuasion (1995) was so beautifully made. A very interesting fact about the movie is that this is what the original cover on the video (VHS) looked like.


I have no idea who these people are, because they are not even it the film! I guess the "powers that be" thought that Amanda Root and Ciarán Hinds *swoon* were not handsome, or sexy, enough to display on the cover. This made me infuriated at the time... and still does. Thank goodness this idiocy was corrected on the DVD cover.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

How bizarre! You're right: Those of us who are of the "Persuasion"-watching persuasion find Ciaran Hinds strangely, yet thoroughly swoon-worthy...check him out as the villain in "Ivanhoe," if you haven't seen it. He's much more captivating than the supposed hero of the story. -- Amy

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home