The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Loves Me Some American Idol!


Okay, I will stop talking about political and religious topics and discuss something much more important… American Idol.



I hate trends. Most, especially trendy TV. Friends turned my stomach, I would rather have a root canal than watch The OC and I just don’t understand the mass appeal of Lost. I did give each of these shows a chance. (Sorry if I am offending anyone.) During the first season of American Idol there was so much hype that I really didn’t give it a chance. Well, during the second season I started watching, and I have not stopped since. For the past couple of seasons of American Idol my parents, my 91 year old great-aunt and myself huddle around the TV every Tuesday and Wednesday to catch the new episodes. I love that it is a show that you can watch with the entire Fam, which is almost an extinct phenomenon nowadays. I just watched Kellie get voted off the show. (YESSSSSS!!!!) I am not really sure how I felt about her. If she really is that ditzy I feel sorry for her, but if she is just playing dumb I despise her. Maybe despise was too strong a word. Her life story is really amazing and she does seem sincerely sweet. I hope that she is blessed in her music career. Who do I want to win? TALOR HICKS!!!! There is just something about this guy that is so endearing. Plus the fact that is an awesome singer… plus the fact that he has crazy cool grey hair… plus the fact that he is so eccentric. You know how I love eccentric. Yeah, Ace may look like a Greek God, but he was such a meathead. I would be very disturbed if he was still on the show. Though, his rendition of George Michael’s Father Figure was pretty awesome, but things went downhill for him after that. Who do I think will win? Well, I think that I would have to put my money on Katherine. I know she was not that great last night. Note to those ever on American Idol- NEVER sing any song by Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand or Christina Aguilera. These women have the some of the best voices ever, and I have never seen a contestant end up with much praise for this move. It is setting the bar too high. Paris also made the same mistake last night. She sang a song by Babs and ended up in the final two. Withstanding, I still think Katherine has the mass appeal and talent to take home the prize.

But… I still want Taylor to win!!!!

Go Taylor!!!! I love you Taylor!!!! Soul Patrol!!!!

I will try to calm down now. (Go Taylor!)

~Meghan (who needs a life)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home