The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Too Poor for HBO


I am mad! The new miniseries about Queen Elizabeth I aired on HBO this weekend. I don’t have HBO, hence I won’t be viewing said program in the near future. It looks rather intriguing. It stars Helen Mirren, Jeremy Irons and *swoon* Hugh Dancy (though, his swoon factor was greatly reduced by his participation in Basic Instinct 2). I will just have to wait for Elizabeth I to release on DVD. I am still waiting for last year’s Rome


I can afford basic cable, so I will be watching the last episode of A&E’s God or the Girl tonight . The title is theological bunk, and I have to admit that in the first episodes I found a couple of the young men profiled a little… um… well… creepy. I have changed my mind during the last couple of episodes, and I now find them all amazing, and incredibly enduring. I am a practicing Roman Catholic and it is wonderful to see such devout young Catholic men. Great?!?! I am getting to that age where the “good ones” are either married or priests. Oh, well… I still highly recommend God or the Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home