The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dos and Don’ts for Protesting The Da Vinci Code

To protest, or not to protest... that is the question...

While I know that The Da Vinci Code is heretical and damaging, I still have not figured out how I exactly feel about the public protests. I almost feel that they might be more detrimental than helpful. Especially, if you go about this way-



I admit, I am BIG Catholic nerd- but give me a break! God bless you if you will be protesting, but to insight thought, instead of uncontrollable laughter, please DON’T-

1. Wear a red sash, any type of "flair" or regalia, or a suit that looks like something a door-to-door Bible salesman might have worn in the 1950s (or any suit for that matter).
2. Dress your small child in said uniform and force him to participate in protest. He will be made fun of at school the following day. (Never mind, I am sure that he is home schooled.)
3. Have a HUGE, expensive banner made that you can only use a few times. Instead, donate that money to a charitable cause.

What to do at a Da Vinci Code protest-

1. Dress like you normally would to go to the movies. (Ignore this if you usually wear a three piece suit and red sash to the cinema.)
2. Dress your children in similar manner, and DON’T force them to participate.
3. Put your heart and creativity in it. Go to a discount store, buy some poster board, and make your own homemade sign!

Now I feel guilty. I am know that these are good people... better than me, but you have to operate in the reality of this culture to attract earnest contemplation.

Think about it, won't you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home