The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

AI: VOTE or DIE

Why am I always so political?!?!

Currently, this country is dealing with some dire issues…

If you care about the world, you will pick up your phone in vote for TAYLOR HICKS as your next AMERICAN IDOL!!!!



I am so damn tired of these, so called, "perfect" singers with little actual musical talent- Beyonce, J-Lo, Nick Lachey (who BTW needs to shut the heck up about how hard is life is post Jessica), Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears (blahhh), etc… being looked up to as Gods (there is only one God, and his name is JC- Boo-ya)!

If you give a damn about the future of all humanity, you will vote for Taylor Hicks!!!!

He is original… believes in himself… doesn’t change who he really is… eccentric (gosh, you know how I ADORE eccentric)… and, last but, defiantly, not least,… he is SO ADORIBLE (in a grey haired, George Clooney… sort of… obscure kind of way… singing "You are so Beautiful" tonight… *swoon*)!!!!



Up to now, you may think that I am considering this a "light" message. NO, I AM SERIOUS. I am so tired of the media telling us what we are supposed to like. Especially, for young females this is a profoundly damaging message.

Don’t be plastic! Be like Taylor! Be yourself!

Even if you didn’t vote tonight, check out the season finale next Tuesday on Fox, and VOTE!

Now go out there and vote for a truly unique, mega talented musician, Taylor Hicks.

Did I ever mention that I hate trendy TV…

~Meghan (proud member of the SOUL PATROL)



P.S.- My prediction for the finale- Taylor and Catherine. Change the world with a vote for Taylor Hicks!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home