The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Friday, May 26, 2006

Marie Antoinette Booed in France… AGAIN!

Pretty in Pink: Kirsten Dunst (center) as the notorious French queen.

Back in the day, Marie Antoinette was beheaded for infuriating the people of France. This week the former French queen was renounced… again… sort of. It is being reported that at its debut screening at the Cannes Film festival, in France, director Sofia Coppola’s rock-n-roll interpretation of the abbreviated life of Marie Antoinette was booed. This is a bit disappointing, but I am still really looking forward to seeing this film (surprisingly, entitled Marie Antoinette). It is in my list of the top five films that I can‘t wait to see- which I will be posting here very soon.

To check out the early trailer for Marie Antoinette click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home