The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Friday, June 30, 2006

President Bush and Prime Minister Koizumi: Graceland or Bust!


Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi and President and Mrs. Bush take a stroll in front of Graceland.

President Bush and Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi took a trip to Elvis Presley's, world famous, home, Graceland, today. When I first heard this, I thought that it was a joke - no such luck. I can't wait to see what Jon Stewart will have to say about this tonight.


The Prime Minister modeling some Elvis (the later years) style shades.

It turns out that Prime Minister Koizumi is a HUGE Elvis fan. He even had a statue erected in Japan to pay homage to "the King."


From the ridiculous to the sublime: The Lorraine Motel, Memphis, TN.

On a much more serious note, the party of world leaders made an unscheduled stop to view the assassination site of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., the Lorraine Motel.


The rock 'n roll royal family join the visiting dignitaries. The Japanese Prime Minister is still lovin' those shades!

To read more about the field trip click here.


Only in America: the infamous "jungle room."

While I find all of this very amusing, I am not sure if our Commander in Chief should be participating in such a trivial venture when Americans are currently being injured and killed in a war zone. Don't mention diplomacy... it just doesn't feel quite right to me.

Just my opinion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home