The Busy Nothings Report

" ...it was a quick succession of busy nothings... " - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." -Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waleska, Georgia, United States

Spiritual, Eccentric, Opinionated, Pale, Contemplative, Joyful, Benign, Ailing, Classical, Restrained, Complicated, Uncoordinated, Observant, Misunderstood, Wannabe Wit, Very Blessed

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Funnel Cakes @ I-HOP = Delicious Goodness


I would like to shake the hand of the freak that came up with this.

This past weekend my folks wanted me to go with them to look at new cars they are considering purchasing. Okay, I am 29-years-old and these "outings" don't have quite the gleam on them as they did when I was "younger." I would much rather stay home, listen to cheesy tunes on my generic CD Walkman (I am still sans I-pod), and squander countless hours of my life on-line. Well, Dad gave me that sad face when I told him that I really didn't want to go. I am such a push-over! I said to Dad, "I will go if we stop for funnel cakes at I-HOP for lunch" - I had just seen the saliva inducing commercial. This leads to an automatic "YES" from Pop. Dad had ulterior motives with this answer. He is a sugaraholic... and has diabetes. The mere sight of sweet food stuffs causes him to enter into a sugar high that most heroin addicts would envy.


My heart attack inducing lunch. Is 29 too young to start having chest pains?

Well here it is. (Yeah, I took a picture of my meal! What of it?!?!) Two eggs, two strips of bacon, hash browns and two funnel cakes! (I opted out of the complementary fruit topping on the funnel cakes - it sounded way too "healthy.") So much for losing 20 lbs... though, I could not finish the monstrosity. Serving funnel cakes outside of a craft fair, or a Billy Ray Cyrus concert, could only happen in this country. I have never been more proud to be an American.

*weep*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home